Date: March 25, 2020
SEATS STILL AVAILABLE!
Location: Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
1800 Highway 26E
Grapevine, TX 76051
Instructor: Jon Schreibfeder
CPE Credits: 7 CPE
This interactive workshop will explore best practices in material storage, order fulfillment and other aspects of warehouse and storeroom operations. We will examine the concepts and strategies of 21st century inventory control as we seek to minimize your overall operations and fixed asset costs while meeting or exceeding your customers’ expectations of order fulfillment.
Handouts include documents that will allow you to apply the concepts presented to your specific situation, as well as a template for creating a customized inventory control policies and procedures guide for your organization. Best of all, as we proceed through the seminar, we will address the steps necessary to develop and maintain an effective inventory control program for your organization as you achieve the following objectives:
- Utilize physical inventories and cycle counting to ensure that on-hand quantities are accurate.
- Develop an inventory policies and procedures manual to ensure that all material movement is properly recorded. The outline for this guide covers all common warehouse tasks
- Identify necessary skills for key warehouse employees
- Explore the advantages of different types of storage
- Determine how inventory should be stored to minimize the cost of filling orders
- Calculate the amount of space you need to store material in each facility
- Design an efficient warehouse or other storage facility
- Evaluate whether new technology is cost effective
- Ensure your facility is a safe and efficient work environment
- Develop incentive plans to ensure that your employees are rewarded for outstanding performance
- Make sure that all employees realize the cost of bad inventory control
- Calculate what it costs you to fill customer orders and maintain inventory in your warehouse
Inventory Control and Warehouse Operations Seminar $325 ($250 Early Bird)
Includes: 1 day of Seminar Instruction; continental breakfast and hot, buffet lunch; a copy of Achieving Effective Inventory Management, 6th ed. book; bound and electronic copies of all PowerPoint slides used during the Workshop.
Full refund up to 30 days prior to seminar. 50% refund granted if cancellation notice received 14-30 days prior to seminar. No refund within 14 days of seminar date. Substitutions are allowed at any time, but please notify us at 972.304.3325.