Chapter 10 – Get Your Warehouse In Order
The topics covered in Chapter 10 include:
- What Are the Goals of Effective Inventory Control?
- Assign and Use Bin Locations
- Fixed Bins
- Assigning the Primary Bin Location
- Avoid Confusing Similar Items
- Zone and Wave Picking
- Random Bins
- Using a Combination of Materials Storage Methods
- Choosing the Most Appropriate Material Storage Units
- How Much Space Do You Assign to an Item?
- How Much Room Do You Need In a Warehouse?
- Bar Coding Improves Accuracy and Productivity
- Paperless Warehouses
- Voice Picking Systems
- Pick to Light Systems
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Bar Codes
- Evaluating the Cost of Technology