Chapter 1 – What Are You Going To Stock?
Topics covered in Chapter 1 include:
- Use Ranking By Hits to Separate Stock From Stuff
- The Inventory Carrying Cost
- The Adjusted Margin
- Is it Bad or Ugly?
- Adding Products to Your Approved Stock List
- The Inventory Actuarial Table
- Handling Maintenance Repairs and Operations (MRO) Inventory
- Approved Stock Lists
- Manufactured Products and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- When One Product is Really Three Items
- How Do You Handle Non-Stock Items in the Future?
- The Promise of 3D Printing